When it comes to parenting, we all want the benefits of convenience yet worry about what is best for us and our babies. There are many challenges to face when you’re a parent, from making the best wellness decisions for your child to choosing the best products to use.
It’s important to know that serving food to your children in plastic dishes could impact their health. Plastic dishes and tableware are widely available everywhere because they’re cheap and convenient, but studies are now showing that plastic dishes are just as bad for us as they are for the planet. Plastic products labeled BPA-free aren’t necessarily safe either. Studies show BPA-alternatives produce the same negative effects as BPA. BPA and its common replacements—BPS, BPF, BPAF and diphenyl sulphone have been shown to severely impact reproductive functions in mice; not in just one generation but future generations as well!
The best way to reduce to risk to your family, especially your children, is to stop using plastic with food. If you’re skeptical of plastic-free baby dishes, we don’t blame you! When it comes to baby dishes, it’s crucial that they’re durable and easy to clean. Can plastic-free dishes really stand up to daily life as well as melamine or other plastics? Yes! Even better, they’re vastly better for the earth too.
Here are 5 great reasons to switch to plastic-free baby dishes today:
- They’re a healthier alternative for babies and the whole family. Miniware dishes are made from 100% all-natural, plant-based materials. There are no harmful chemicals added during manufacturing, so you can be sure there’s no leaching of dangerous toxins into your little one’s food.
- They’re durable. Plastic-free dishes are nearly as durable as plastic, able to withstand daily use by energetic toddlers. They’re perfect for indoor/outdoor use and travel. Although Miniware can crack if dropped from a height, there’s no risk of chips or shattering.
- They’re easy to clean. Plastic-free dishes are even easier to clean than plasticware, which can warp even on the top rack of the dishwasher. Heat causes chemicals to leach out of plastic possibly contaminating future meals. There’s no risk of that with bamboo! Plastic-free dishes are dishwasher safe, however, using a delicate cycle and avoiding drying cycles will extend the life of your dishes.
- They’re high quality. Plastic is cheap for a reason. While some plastic dishes can last a few years, they end up looking shabby and worn quickly. Plastic is sensitive to heat too. Left out in the sun, plastic dishes can crack or warp. Miniware retains its beauty over time. While some bamboo fibers may eventually show with extended wear, they add to the natural look and charm of your dishes without impacting their use.
- They’re a lot better for the planet.18 billion pounds of plastic wasteflow into our oceans every year? Or that less than a fifth of plastic is ever recycled worldwide? Plastic-free dishes are made from renewable resources like bamboo and yam